Gingerbread House

Years ago I would watch theOmni Grove Park Inn National Gingerbread House Competition Display in Asheville,North Carolina, on HGTV.  I was always in awe of all the gingerbread pieces the contestants would come up with, and I  thought that one day I would try one of my own.

Every year, my family and I like to visit, Peddler's Village in New Hope, PA,  for their annual Christmas Festival, and that is when I realized, they host a Gingerbread competition of their own!  I knew one year I would enter....and finally, this was the year!!

My son and I spent two months creating our very first gingerbread house. We had so much fun, and even though we didn't win, it was a wonderful experience and I'm glad to say that I finally did it!! :)

Have you ever entered a Gingerbread Competition?

Our masterpiece...

 Trees from ice cream cones and icing
 Sugar glass windows and pond
 Jelly beans as rocks for our chimney
 Fondant Santa and snowman
 Mini-wheats roof



Comments

Popular Posts